This week’s meal is a simple and delicious slow cooker recipe. It only takes about 30 min to prepare and 6 hours to cook in a slow cooker. Your gonna want to make this ahead of time and trust me the wait is worth it. Great for a Sunday night meal prep.
- Price: about $33.00
- Servings: 9
- Macros: Per serving (this is asuming about 5oz of meat and a cup of vegetables)
- Protein -31 grams
- Carbs – 45 grams
- Fat – 20 grams
Total Calories – 530
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast, boneless; $12.00
- 2 to 3 sweet potatoes, cut into big pieces; $2.00
- 4 carrots, cut into big pieces; $2.00
- 1 onion, sliced; $1.00
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary; $1.00
- 2 bay leaves; $2.00
- 1 cup red wine (optional);
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar; (This makes all the difference) $10.00
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Season the roast on all sides with sea salt and black pepper.
- Melt some cooking fat over a medium-high heat in a large skillet, and sear the roast for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place the meat in the slow cooker and top with the onion, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, beef stock, bay leaves, rosemary sprigs and red wine (if using).
- Cover the slow cooker, turn it on low, and cook for 6 hours.
- Add the carrots and sweet potatoes, set the slow cooker to high, and cook for about another 3 hours, or until the vegetables are nice and soft and the meat is fork tender.
- Remove and discard the 2 bay leaves and rosemary sprigs.
- Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a slow boil over a medium-high heat. Keep it boiling and let it reduce until you get the desired consistency for your sauce.
- Pour the sauce back in the slow cooker and serve with the meat and vegetables.
This is hands down our favorite slow cooker meal. We didn’t even bother with making a sauce we just ate it after slow cooking it. The juice in the bowl was so good we wanted to drink it.
If you like meals like this I’ll be posting healthy meal ideas weekly so be sure to follow.
This meal was found at Paleoleap.com