This recipe is a fantastic, simple way to get your macros in and have a tasty meal. This meal calls for a marinade and I would recommend 2-4 hours. We’ve left the chicken in the marinade for up to 24 hours and it was tender and delicious.
Calories: 205 kCals
Macros: per serving
Fat: 5 g
- 2 lbs chicken Breast
- 24 Oz Fresh Brussel Sprouts
- 16 Oz bottle of Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cloves diced fresh garlic.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips and place in flat Tupperware.
- Tenderize the chicken by poking it a few times with a fork.
- Pour a 3rd of the bottle of Vinaigrette onto the chicken.
- Add the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the bottle of remaining vinaigrette, shake well. Then add to the chicken breast until covered. Marinate for 2-4 hours
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half and place into gallon bag.
- Season the sprouts with the garlic salt
- Add 2-4 Tbs of the vinaigrette mixture to the bag of brussel sprouts, mix well. Let marinate for 2-4 hours.
- After you’re done marinating the chicken and brussel sprouts, heat a large pan on the stove.
- Cook the bacon strips until crispy, then remove and crumble
- Saute the diced garlic with the bacon grease until golden brown.
- Add the brussel sprouts to the pan and saute until they begin to soften to your liking, 2-4 min, add coconut oil as necessary.
- Once the brussel sprouts are ready add the bacon back to the pan and mix well.
- Set the bacon and brussel sprouts aside.
- To cook the chicken I would recommend a grill, but you can also cook it in the pan you used for the brussel sprouts.
- Grill the chicken until cooked throughout, I like to cut it open and see how the middle looks. Throw away the used marinade.
- Serve the chicken with the brussel sprouts and bacon.
Be sure to subscribe for weekly meals!